- This event has passed.
A short, practical course on Focus Group Research in Academic and Corporate Settings: The Whys and Hows
Monday, January 19, 2009 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
Instructor: Cheryl K. Olson, Sc.D., who is co-director of the Center for Mental Health and Media at MGH, and splits her time between academic research and real-world consulting. She’ll use her own focus group studies with teens and parents about video games as teaching examples.
- When and why to consider focus groups (qualitative studies) in academic or corporate research.
- Using focus groups for media research.
- Planning your research (from research questions to human subjects paperwork).
- Designing a focus group protocol (questions and procedures).
- Budgets and practical concerns.
- Recruiting participants.