CMS News Archives
The third panel from the Comparative Media Studies 10th anniversary symposium.
- Erin Reilly is Research Director for Project New Media Literacies, a past CMS project now housed at the University of Southern California.
- Karen Schrier, a CMS grad, is the Director of Interactive Media and Technology at ESI Design and a part-time doctoral student at Columbia University in games and learning.
- Sangita Shresthova is a Czech/Nepali international development specialist, filmmaker, media scholar, and dancer, who currently manages Henry Jenkins new project on participatory culture and civic engagement at USC.
- Pilar Lacasa is a researcher at Alcalá University in Spain. She also works on a project for Electronic Arts in Spain about how to use commercial games in education.
- Mitch Resnick is Professor of Learning Research at the MIT Media Laboratory. He develops new technologies that engage children in creative learning experiences and is a principal investigator with the MIT Center for Future Civic Media, a CMS-partnered project.
Continue reading "Video: Participatory Culture: The Culture of Democracy and Education in a Hypermediated Society, moderated by Henry Jenkins" »
The second panel from the Comparative Media Studies 10th anniversary symposium.
- Beth Coleman is Assistant Professor of Writing and New Media in the Program in Writing and Humanistic Studies and Comparative Media Studies. Her fields of research interest include new media, contemporary aesthetics, electronic music, critical theory and literature, and race theory.
- Philip Tan is a CMS grad who now directs the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab, a partnership between MIT/CMS and the government of Singapore to explore new directions for the development of games as a medium.
- Brett Camper is a 2005 graduate of the CMS master's program, where he conducted research in part with The Education Arcade. He now works at Kickstarter, a website for social fundraising of creative ideas.
- Ivan Askwith is a CMS grad working in New York City as Director of Strategy at Big Spaceship, a digital creative agency.
- Clara Fernández-Vara is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab and a graduate of the CMS master's program.
Continue reading "Video: Creativity and Collaboration in the Digital Age, moderated by Jim Paradis" »
The first panel from the Comparative Media Studies 10th anniversary symposium.
- Pete Donaldson is a Professor in the MIT Literature section, which he headed from 1990 until 2005.
- Kurt Fendt is Research Director in Foreign Languages and Literatures and the Comparative Media Studies Graduate Program and directs the HyperStudio, a CMS research project.
- Scot Osterweil leads several Education Arcade projects promoting learning in math, literacy, history, science and foreign language.
- Rekha Murthy, CMS '05, works at the intersection of public radio and digital media, currently overseeing distribution and content strategy initiatives for PRX, an online distributor of audio programs to public radio networks, stations, and audio platforms including mobile, internet, and satellite radio.
- Matthew Weise, CMS '04, is Lead Game Designer at the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab.
Continue reading "Video: Applied Humanities: Transforming Humanities Education, moderated by William Uricchio" »